In loving memory of my Mama

08/27/1932 - 12/01/2010

The things I said, the memories I have, the things I wish I had said, the things I think about telling you each day.

I love you , Mama!!!



Sunday, January 2, 2011

Today

I have been thinking awhile about writing about my Mama.  Her life, my memories, & how I will carry on without her being in my life, in this Life, any longer.  She has crossed over to the next part of her Journey.  Yet her death is an intregal part of my continuing Journey.  A very dear friend, a heart sister, suggested that I write letters to Mama.  Each time I would start to do so it did not feel quite right.  I want a permanent record of these letters.  Something that can be a book to pass on to my son, to my grandchildren who will never know her.  They will never remember her, and the memories my son has of her are not always happy ones.  I hope that by honestly, authentically telling her story we will heal and create better more loving memories. 

So, for today, suffice to say I miss my Mama.  And despite everything I love her and at the end she gave me what I needed to know beyond a doubt - my Mama loved me.

~~blessed be...

No comments:

Post a Comment